Bhastrika Pranayama/Breathing - What is this Pranayama,Its all Benefits & Steps
What is Bhastrika pranayama?
Pranayama/breathing technique is an excellent breathing exercise. It keeps our
body healthy and mind happy. Heart and brain patients must do this exercise to
get miraculous results. Depression, migraine, parkinson’s disease and paralysis
are completely cured, which is impossible by medicines. This exercise is a
breathing technique of Yoga.
Now explore Yoga life and the (Blows Breath) and Its Benefits to our immune system. Now with the Lockdown we can’t go out of our home for running or jogging, which means many person with many type of illness like heart,sugar,high-preasure can’t take care of their properly.
‘Bhastrika’ is a Sanskrit word, which means ‘bellows’. In simple form, Bhastrika is ‘inhale’ and ‘exhale’ deeply and forcefully. So this is also known as ‘deep breath exercise’.
How to do Bhastrika Pranayama step by step?
At first you have to preliminary or any other meditative posture.then you have to Sit on a firm chair with an upright backrest. if you unable to sit on the floor, you can Keep the body above your waist straight and the spine erect.You can keep your eyes close,if you want.
- Take a deep breath and breathe out forcefully through the nose.
- Immediately, breathe in with the same force as you breath out.
- Do this repeatedly, deeply and thoroughly, using the diaphragmatic muscles. The abdomen moves out during inhalation, while the diaphragm descends. The converse happens while exhaling.
- The above movements should be slightly exaggerated. A strong nasal sound is okay with such breathing. The process should be rhythmic and controlled, maintaining the speed as per capacity.
- Do ten cycles of this to complete 1 round of Bhastrika Pranayama.
Practice this exercise about 3 rounds/session, with a pause in-between 30sec to 60sec each rounds. This exercise should be practised on an empty stomach, after evacuation in the morning.
Health Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama:
1.Supports Nervous System:
The correct technique of this Pranayama balances our autonomic nervous system through the enhanced activation of the parasympathetic nervous system. the mental state that regulates our stress and promotes better organ functioning in the body. This Bhastrika pranayama is valuable for brain oxygenation and keeping it healthy.
2.Benefits our Motor System:
If you do this exercise,here’s
the good news for people dealing with anxiety and depression problem– the
Bhastrika Pranayama.is an alternative to medications. and it is also a safe
method of dealing with anxiety issues for yielding positive results.
5.Great for the Lungs:
Pranayama exercise is great for the lungs,for people who are suffering from
respiratory problems, cold, flu, allergies and breathlessness,etc. This
exercise strengthens our lungs, loosens the congestion, clears the airways, etc.
This Bhastrika Pranayama breathing strengthens our immunity and Enhanced immunity levels for protecting the body from the attack of disease-causing viruses and bacterias. All of this yogic breathing tool keeps our immunity system and health strong.
Before doing Bhastrika Pranayama, keep in mind the following things-
- This pranayama should not be practiced by pregnant women or people having high blood pressure or any kind of sick people.
- Beginners should practice slowly.
- Patients who are suffering from lung, heart and high blood pressure problems should always practice this process slowly. Do not do this pranayama if the problem is serious with the patients.
- Do not exceed the maximum 2-minute practice of Bhastrika during the summer season.
- Before performing this Pranayam, clean the nose thoroughly.
- While doing this pranayama, you should stop it immediately when you see symptoms like dizziness, nausea, nervousness or restlessness.
When to do this pranayama
this pranayama should always be done towards the start of your practice, and must be followed by Kapalbhati pranayama. It is beneficial when done during the colder months. those who suffer from low BP, depression or any kind of anxiety can perform it during summers and benefit from it. Bhastrika pranayama should never be done on a full stomach or at night.