Vyutkrama Kapalbhati: Steps and Benefits
Vyutkrama is a one of the parts of kapalbhati or a best breathing exercise technique. It has also mentioned in many ancient books of yoga. Vyutkrama kapalbhati is a breathing excise where you have to do water is sucked through the nose expelled through the mouth.
Vyutkrama kapalbhati is a part of Shatkarma( the six purification technique of hatha yoga). The kapal word comes from Sanskrit and it means skull and bhati means the shine. If we take it in a one sentence it cleans the skull of impurities and shine the face.
It is a good technique to remove germs and it also clean the nose cavity.
Vyutkrama kapalbhati is too much similar with jala neti. In jala neti we used to do at first we pour water into a pot and sucked the water from the pot into nose and expelled through the mouth, but in the vyutkrama kapalbhati we don’t use the pot we use our palminstead of pot and the other the procedures are remain same. If you do it in regular basis then you see effect of vyutkrama kapalbhati
Steps of Vyutkrama Kapalbhati :
- You can do when you are standing. If you are not comfortable in standing then you can sit .Do it as you are comfortable.
- At first pour water (1 liter) you can add a little bit of salt.Remember if you are adding salt you have take water minimum 1 liter take a little salt otherwise . if you put too much salt then it would be dangerous.
- Pour some water in the palms and then take it close to your nostril.
- Inhale the water from your nose you need a little practice in the beginning.
- After that water flown down through your throat and will be expelled out from your mouth.
- Repeat hole process at least 5-6 times a day.
Benefit of Vyutkrama Kapalbhati:
- Vyutkrama Kapalbhati is good for your health as well as good for your mental health.
- Vyutkrama Kapalbhati removes nasal cavity and it also clean the throat.
- If you do regularly and if you have high blood pressure then it will reduce.
- As per spiritual matters comes up then it said to active the bindu chakra at back of your head.
Best time to do:
Vyutkrama kapalbhati is a breathe taking process. Wehave to do it in the early morning before the sunrises. In morning is the best time to do because in morning there is no disturbance. when you are doing vyutkrama you should stay clam that’s why I am saying morning is the best time and also in the books authors have said that in morning is best time for kapalbhati.
- Don’t try do if you have asthma because we are doing here breathing exercise.
- Don’t put too much pressure to brain and while you’re inhaling the water do it slowly.
- Don’t put too much salt in the water.
- In the beginning do try to put extra effort do as you are comfortable.